We seek a professional, proactive and skilled maintenance technician passionate about driving efficiency and productivity to join our Distribution Center team.
We are Caleres, a global footwear company with brands that fit people’s lives. We are ferocious about fit and living our mission of inspiring people to feel great…feet first.
We seek people who:
- Safely and efficiently operate distribution center equipment through proactive preventive maintenance and quick reaction to breakdowns, ensuring all regulatory safety requirements are met
- Successfully act as liaison between outside contractors and internal teams to accomplish special projects and inspections
- Lead by example and foster development of junior maintenance technicians
We seek people with these qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED required
- 3-5 years facilities maintenance or maintenance technician experience
- Strong technical and operational knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic equipment and systems
- Experience with automated distribution center equipment and conveyance systems
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical systems, replace drive chains, lace conveyor belts, replace sprockets, pulleys, gearboxes and motors
- Ability to test and troubleshoot equipment and instrumentation system including electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, refrigeration and water treatment chemicals
- Computer software experience including Microsoft Office & MHE
- Demonstrated welding and fabrication skills for project design and equipment repair
- Ability to obtain a PIV (powered industrial vehicle) license within 90 days
- Ability to work first shift (SUN - THU 7am - 3:30pm)
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to routinely lift 50 pounds
Why join our team?
- Competitive pay program with potential to earn overtime
- Great benefits, including medical coverage starting day one
- Relaxed dress-code
- Discounts on shoes!