We seek an Associate Creative Director to join our Brand Portfolio marketing team.
We are Caleres, a global footwear company with brands that fit people’s lives. We are ferocious about fit and living our mission of inspiring people to feel great…feet first.
We seek people who:
- Directs, designs, develops, and coordinates the production of creative marketing and brand communications, photo shoots, high-level concepting projects, and new business initiatives, in collaboration with Creative Director with a thorough understanding of the creative process.
- Ensures the appropriate and considered use of imagery, illustration, typography and layout in all graphic solutions.
- Proofreads and edits written materials, as directed, for all brands and projects.
- Researches and stays current on consumer style, fashion and trend information and interprets through the work relevant to each brand and target consumer.
- Researches brand competitive environments, understands primary research and each brand’s consumer segments.
- Partners with external creative agencies and vendors, and is able to oversee selection of photographers, models, wardrobe and product styling for key photo shoots.
- Creative project leadership through team selection, concepting, development, regular internal review, client meeting/critiquing, and production to ensure the highest level of work is consistently produced
- Tailors concepts to match budget/timing/scope, and articulates how creative solutions are appropriate for brand position, achieves messaging strategy, and resonates with the target audience.
- Support to the senior creative staff and has the ability to serve as a backup when they are unavailable by assigning the most effective mix of creative to projects and approving work when required
We seek people with these qualifications:
- BA degree in Commercial Art or any related art Degree
- 7+ years experience in an advertising agency or retail creative department
- 5+ years people-management experience
- A proven leader in creative execution with a diverse, brand oriented portfolio.
- A strong sense of fashion and knowledge of the footwear and/or apparel industries preferred
- Has strong organizational, planning, and time-management skills, with a proven capacity to prioritize, perform time-sensitive tasks, and facilitate team-based sessions.
- Must be able to communicate thoughts and creative concepts to clients and management.
- Must be able to problem solve by identifying issues and finding alternative solutions.
- Proficient at making presentations of project solutions to clients and management.
- Knowledge of shoe/apparel industry and a sense of fashion.
- Required: MAC, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat, MS Office.
- Required: Artwork file preparation for print production.
- Preferred: Sketch.
But most of all, we seek people who share our values and our ferocity for fit.
People passionate about their work. People who hold themselves and others accountable. People who think a $2.8 billion company should be as creative as a start-up. People driven by an insatiable curiosity. People who care about being the best, among the best.