What We Do – Accountabilities
- Assures the development and delivery of a comprehensive media strategy spanning traditional, digital, and social media (including but not limited to TV, radio, OLV, display, native, SEM, retargeting, social) to achieve brand and company goals.
- Assures effective leadership of media agencies, vendors, and partners to ensure strong collaboration across agencies and with internal teams to maximize value for Famous Footwear.
- Assures the continual optimization of media budgets and performance through analysis, testing and measurement with internal and external partners.
- Assures the development of audience targeting strategies across channels that align with brand initiatives and goals, as well as provide strategic input into creative to ensure appropriate context and relevance of content.
- Assures leadership and development of a high-performing team and strong collaboration across teams.
- Oversees media planning, buying, placement, and optimization for Famous Footwear, including traditional, digital, and social media.
- Responsible for bringing holistic, innovative, and creative thinking to media strategies and the broader marketing team.
- Manages the relationship between Famous Footwear and media agencies, vendors, and partners, including partner evaluation, collaboration and integration, and performance.
- Establishes key performance indicators and implements measurement, analytics, and regular reporting to gauge success, from a brand level to campaign level.
- Regularly reports on advertising campaign results and insights.
- Continually optimizes media budgets to maximize value for Famous Footwear and achievement of company and brand goals.
- Aligns media strategies to brand goals and initiatives, ensuring cross-functional collaboration with creative, planning, e-commerce, and CRM teams to ensure integration and support.
- Utilizes consumer media consumption insights to provide clear direction in guiding media plan development and diversification
- Monitors trends in media and technology and incorporates best practices as they apply to Famous Footwear.
- Coaches and counsels a high-performance team; seeks to understand career and personal development needs and creates action plans to support individual growth.
- Develops and delivers organizational communication via regularly scheduled meetings of the team’s/division’s progress against media targets.
Preferred Qualifications & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related area
- 7-10 years of experience at an agency or in-house media leadership role
- 5+ years experience building and leading teams
- Knowledge of different media channels including traditional, digital, and social media, as well as analytical tools
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral and presentation)