We seek a detail-oriented tax expert to lead Caleres’ Sales & Use Tax process and audits.
We are Caleres, a global footwear company with brands that fit people’s lives. We are ferocious about fit and living our mission of inspiring people to feel great…feet first.
We seek people who:
- Represent Caleres in all state and local Sales & Use Tax and Personal Property Tax audits by negotiating audit methodology, analyzing audit information and negotiating resolution of disputed issues
- Advise on company policies and procedures for SALT responsibilities and ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley
- Oversee outsourcing firm in completing approximately 125 Sales & Use Tax returns per month
- Prepare monthly sales tax payable reconciliation and calculate vendor discount taken to income for retail divisions
- Monitor SALT policies and procedures, identifying areas for improved efficiency, and partner with the business or outsourcing firm to develop and implement change
We seek people with these qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA membership a plus
- 3+ years experience as government tax auditor or 5+ years experience in private sector SALT
- Federal and state income tax experience preferred
- Knowledge of U.S. and Canadian Sales, Use & VAT tax law
- Knowledge of Personal Property tax law
- Knowledge of U.S. federal and state income tax law preferred
But most of all, we seek people who share our values and our ferocity for fit.
People passionate about their work. People who hold themselves and others accountable. People who think a $2.8 billion company should be as creative as a start-up. People driven by an insatiable curiosity. People who care about being the best, among the best.